Website creation tips by Google
Nowadays ease-of-use of websites for mobile users is getting to be an important condition for a company’s effective work. According to Google, if a website hasn’t been adapted to mobile devices, a user abandons it five times faster. Herewith almost 50% of users abandon sites that take longer than three seconds to load.
Thereby, Head of Marketing of Google Ukraine provided some tips to create and optimize the mobile version of the site:
- Optimize your site pages so that they are properly displayed on mobile devices.
- Make an image and site content easy to browse.
- Place a call to action on the foreground and in the center of the page.
- Make a menu laconic and comfortable.
- Simplify website navigation and use a logo as a link to the home page.
- Promotions should not overlap the content of the home page or hamper navigation.
- Make the search field on the website more clearly visible on all of the pages.
- Take care of relevancy of the results of search on the site so that visitors can easily find the information they need.
- Add search filters to help visitors set more specific outcomes.
- Segment audience before the search if it’s possible. For example, you can create categories on the website: clothing for woman, men, and children.
- Visitors should be able to get acquainted with your site before requesting their personal information.
- Encourage visitors to register on the website, but also let them do shopping in the guest mode.
- Facilitate site usage for registered users in the guest mode—fill in certain fields with their data in advance.
- Add call buttons, so that if necessary, visitors can contact the operator.
- Let visitors save information and complete conversions on other devices. Conversion is recorded in case the user clicks on the ad and performs a valuable action for you. It can be a purchase from an online store or a call from a mobile phone.
- Add a numeric keypad for those fields where you need to enter numbers.
- Offer users easy ways of information input: add drop-down menus, check boxes, etc.
- Add a calendar on the website to make booking and event planning easier.
- Use clear directions and check to minimize any mistakes and notify visitors of incorrect information. For example, when filling out the registration form.
- Create simple and short forms for effective data processing which visitors fill in for registering on website or making a purchase without being registered.
- Add close-up photos in high quality for the basic images of the goods.
- Specify the way it is best to browse through the site: in portrait or landscape orientation.
- Visitors should be able to perform all of the actions in one window without opening new tabs.
- Denote the version of the site for mobile devices and computers.
- Give visitors an opportunity to look for stores or goods nearby.